- This event has passed.
The Color Purple… Color Theory that Works (Tiburon)
March 14, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Let’s reinvent the wheel in this hands on color mixing workshop. If you learned that red, yellow, and blue are the primary colors you have been sold a bill of goods that is guaranteed to make muddy colors. Learn a better color triad that will help you easily mix the colors you want when you want em. You don’t have to take my word for it.This will be a hands on workshop. We will mix watercolor, gouache, and acrylics, and play with colored pencils to make our own hues. You will see for yourself what works.
In this class we will:
- debunk the red, yellow, blue hoax
- learn why the split palette system adds an unnecessary layer of confusion to color mixing
- experiment with the cyan, magenta, yellow triad for better color mixing. Mix bright vibrant colors or make dull subdued colors that specifically match target hues
- take a look at other useful paints for your watercolor palette
What to bring
- waterbrush, and rag (sock),
- your watercolor set (if you have one). If you are able to add these colors to your palette: Daniel Smith Quinacridone Pink, Phthalo Blue (green shade), Hansa Yellow Light.
- process red, true blue, and canary yellow prismacolor pencils
No registration necessary, $20 suggested donation