On a recent trip to Rwanda, I realized that I would fill my sketchbook long before returning home. I usually sketch with soft pencil and leave the opposite page blank so that facing pages will not smear each other. To conserve paper, I gave up the pencil and started sketching with a ballpoint pen. Within a week I was in love with this new tool and experimenting with ways to get the most out of it. In this workshop I share what I learned.
- Discover the versatility of ballpoint pens.
- Explore advanced crosshatching techniques.
- Learn what to do when things go wrong with pen. Discover an approach to correcting mistakes or living with the result and moving on.
- What do you do when the pen starts to blob and skip?
- Experiment to find the pens that work the best.