- This event has passed.
Planes: Drawing Rocks and Landforms (Zoom)
May 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Learn how to see and render planes to help you draw rocks, mountains, hills, and other landforms. Your paper is a flat surface. If you want people to imagine they see structure and depth in any object you draw, you need to trick the eye. Learn a bag of tricks to render and represent the planes of natural objects around you. The subject of planes is much bigger than rocks. It applies to every object you sketch.
Each week, join John Muir Laws and the Nature Journal Club for new journaling tips, techniques, inspiration, teaching strategies, and interviews. This live workshop can hold 500 people. I will also make a recording of the workshop and post it on my blog. All ages and experience levels are welcome. I look forward to seeing you there!
Suggested donation: $20. Your donation helps support me and my family. Your generosity is deeply appreciated and it makes an immediate difference in my ability to continue to offer these programs. Your donation is tax-deductible. Click here to donate. If you are not able to donate at this time, no problem–please continue to enjoy the classes and find another way to pay it forward in your community with acts of kindness and service. Thank you!
- Your Journal and favorite drawing materials. Taking notes while you watch and participate will help you remember the new techniques and incorporate them into your journaling.
- download and assemble the dodecahedron model.
- One or two angular rocks.
- Photographs of mountains (could be in a book or magazine).
- And your sense of humor!
Join by Computer
Click here to join the meeting!
Join by Phone
Meeting ID: 764 3990 6428
One tap mobile
- +13462487799,,76439906428# US (Houston)
- +17207072699,,76439906428# US (Denver)
Dial by your location
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
- +1 253 215 8782 US
- +1 301 715 8592 US
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fyCt4ACAb