So you want to keep a nature journal and try your hand at field sketching but have not picked up a pencil since elementary school? This workshop is geared for the raw beginner who is terrified of sketching and is convinced that they can not draw. You can learn to draw. This workshop will show you how to begin. In this workshop you will learn:
- How to look at a subject as an artist so you can draw what you see
- Where to start and how to make your first lines and the drawing “order of operations”.
- How to simplify shapes, values, and colors.
- Key drawing tricks that many any subject easier to manage.
- How to use a small set of colored pencils to get infinite hues.