Learn to draw wildflowers!
This is video is the first in a two part series. Watch part two.
Enjoy the beauty of spring wildflowers. Drawing them will help you get to know them better and will help you see aspects of your favorite wildflowers that you have never noticed before. This introductory workshop will teach you:
- How to understand basic flower structure.
- How to capture the symmetry of wildflowers with simple lines.
- How to foreshorten your sketches of wildflowers so you can draw them from any angle.
- How to foreshorten cone-shaped flowers
- For advanced journalers, a subtle way that foreshortening changes the shape of leaves and petals observed at a 45 degree angle.
Before watching this video, download and cut out the paper leaf and flower models. They are essential tools for learning this material.