Bethan Burton is an Australia based nature journaler and educator. She is the founder of International Nature Journaling Week and the host of the Journaling with Nature Podcast. On October 25, 2020, I joined Bethan for this delightful and deep interview. I encourage you to subscribe to her podcast–she shares discussions that will change the way you journal.
In this interview, we explore:
- The power of sustained compassionate attention to connect you to others and to the world around you.
- The importance of mentors.
- How your nature journal can be used as a tool for looking inward.
- How wonder and beauty represent the head and the heart of nature journaling for Jack.
- How nature journaling with a posture of gratitude can bring positive changes into your life.
- How the connection and community, found through nature journaling, can act as the antidote to separation and isolation of the modern world.
- How falling in love with the nature through journaling will change the way you interact with the world.
You might also enjoy this podcast Episode with Tania Marian from Talaterra describing my history and how I came to nature journaling: John Muir Laws – Community Building Through Nature Journaling.