NEW! Now Available in SIX colors: Grey, Black, Navy Blue, Hunter Green, Olive Green, and Mahogany.
I worked with my store team and nature journalers in our community to design and thoroughly field test my Custom Nature Journaling Bag, and I am thrilled with the results. This bag is lightweight, makes my journaling supplies easy to organize and grab, and it stands up to the rigors of fieldwork. Available only in my store, this bag is made in the USA for the Naturalist Store by Flowfold, a Maine-based company that makes top quality gear that is light, strong, and durable.
Here is a video where I discuss why I like having a shoulder bag for journaling in general and give a brief tour of the features of this bag in particular.
- Super lightweight, durable, and water-resistant fabric called X-Pac™, a woven, multilayer composite material that uses sailcloth technology for superior abrasion, water, and tear resistance.
- Semi-stiff fabric holds its shape so the bag can stand on its own
- Quick access zip-top closure with water-resistant zipper
- Light-colored interior fabric makes things easy to find
- Front outer pocket with water-resistant zipper
- Back slash pocket, great for quick access items such as your journal
- Three interior pockets to help keep your journaling tools organized
- Two outer side pockets, one with elastic–perfect to hold your water bottle
- Comfortable, adjustable, and detachable shoulder strap
- Custom woven label featuring my original art
- Reinforced bottom panel
- Height: 13 inches (33cm)
- Width: 11.5 inches (29cm)
- Depth: 3.5 inches (9cm)
- Weight: Only 12oz (really!)
- Front pocket: 8 x 8 inches
- Back outer slash pocket: 10.5 wide x 8 inches deep
- Interior pocket (inside back): 10.5 wide x 8 inches deep
- Interior pockets (inside front): Two 5 inch wide x 8 inch deep pockets
- Outer side pocket: 3.5 inches wide x 7 inches deep
- Outer side water bottle pocket: 3.5 inches wide x 7 inches deep (fits standard size Kleen Kanteen bottle)
- Brush or rinse off mud and dirt.
- Spot clean using a sponge with mild soap and hang to dry.
- Do not use bleach, solvents, or other harsh chemicals.
Flowfold is a Maine-based company that makes top quality gear that is lighter, stronger, and lasts longer. Flowfold is dedicated to three foundational principles: sustainable and durable materials, quality craftsmanship, and making all of their products in the USA. More than 33 percent of their materials are recycled, and almost all of them are sourced locally. They also manufacture all products in the USA, which decreases the need for non-renewable resources needed to transport raw materials and reduces pollution involved with container shipping.