Join me for a wonderful nature Journal adventure in Greece! During the week we will visit some of the natural wonders of Pelion: canyons and coves of the Aegean shore, the boatyard of the old sponge divers, chestnut forests and Apple orchards on the slopes of Mt. Pelion, Byzantine ruins, a Persian lookout, and a fisherman’s chapel. Visit the Lagou Raxi website for the course description, full cost information, and registration.
- Saturday 17 June Arrival of participants – Meet and Greet. Early evening, Introduction to Nature Journaling: the power of “I notice, I wonder” and “it reminds me of…” How to combine Words Pictures and Numbers to stretch your brain on a dynamic page.
- Sunday 18 June Morning, I notice: learn how to focus and strengthen your observations with a focus on botanical drawing and investigation. Afternoon, I wonder: discover the depth of the everyday mysteries around us with a focus on birds and using diagrams to explore in nature
- Monday 19 June Advanced Inquiry: learn how to take your curiosity to the next level as we explore the three kinds of questions and how to unravel the world’s mysteries.
- Tuesday 20 June It reminds me of: develop a deeper sense of place as we learn to think with metaphors and poetry.
- Wednesday 21 June Loving the landscape: learn to make Landscapeito thumbnails and broader landscape drawings to capture the moments that make a place special.
- Thursday 22 June Nature Journals 2.0: learn nature journaling techniques that enhance the beauty and readability of your page while at the same time enhancing your memory, depth of thinking, and connection to place.
- Friday 23 June Journaling and mindfulness: combine your full suite of journaling skills to explore place and self on the pages of your journal with attention, gratitude, and a deep connection with nature. “Pop-up exhibition” to share work and stories with others.
- Saturday 24 June Departure day – it is possible to reserve for a few extra days if wished.
Other Program Details
Six days of tuition and transport for related excursions. Coffee and tea throughout the day. Time for rest and relaxation on the beach, by the pool or in the village square. A full, cooked breakfast, 5 three-course dinners, and 6 light lunches, including on excursions. Our library which includes the complete set of Mediterranean Garden Society journals, European bird books and other wildlife references. Lagou Raxi can advise on the easiest/most economical transfers from your chosen airport and will help participants to share if convenient. Courses will be held in a large (100 sq. m. and well-ventilated room) and necessary social distancing will be observed at all times – the hotel follows all safety protocols. Lessons are with a fully experienced teacher, passionate about his/her subject and students. All courses are suitable for beginners and intermediate participants. We can arrange delivery of the work home if required but most students take them safely in their luggage
Flights are NOT included, however, there are direct flights to VOLos Airport during summer periods: from London Gatwick, Munich, Duesseldorf, and Vienna on certain days (www.volosairport.gr/en). Alternatively, there are regular flights to Athens, Skiathos, or Thessaloniki.
Travel and Evacuation Insurance: These are uncertain times. Travel insurance helps protect your travel investment. All participants must have fully comprehensive travel insurance. Make sure your coverage allows you to cancel for any reason including Covid-19. Here is a link to travel insurance plans recommended by Forbes. The policy should be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for any cancellation prior to departure. During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation coverage. Know the insurance company, policy number, and the 24hr contact details.
Each of us is responsible for the cost of our own evacuation. We all must have evacuation insurance. I recommend getting it through the Divers Alert Network (DAN), a low-cost reliable provider. All you need to do is join DAN and your membership covers evacuation insurance anywhere in the world for a year. It is a great deal. Should you be incapacitated I will need your evacuation insurance information. Once you join, you can print copies of your DAN membership card from the website (click on the icon of your card). Bring two copies of your DAN membership card (or plan and access information if you have other evacuation insurance) I will keep one copy on file. To get an insurance plan that allows you to cancel for any reason, you will need to buy the insurance right after you make your first payment for the trip. These plans allow you to cancel without any conditions and usually reimburse up to 75% of unused, non-refundable, prepaid trip costs For instance, the Diver’s Alert Network Insurance has cancel for any reason as an optional upgrade on the Elite plan if purchased within 24 hours of initial deposit. Travelx Insurance also has a plan that can be purchased with the base plan within 15 days of initial payment or deposit. With Seven Corners RoundTrip Trip Cancelation Insurance, you have a 20-day window to apply.