These are, hands down, my favorite binoculars, and I wear them on every nature adventure. They work great on distant birds with a bright, clear image but also can focus on insects or flowers that are only a foot and a half away. You can actually watch ants tending aphids or see the tongues of bees as they feed at flowers. This close-focus ability is something that most binoculars cannot do, and it opens up a whole new world. These binoculars are also lightweight (only 11oz!) so you can bring them backpacking or anywhere you go. I like them for field sketching because they are light enough to hold in one hand (elbow braced on my knee) as I draw with my other. They are also a great size for children and easy for them to hold and use.
- Ideally suited for viewing birds and other distant objects and insects, artwork, or any other object at close ranges
- C.L.O.S.E. (Convergent Lens Optical System Engineering) allows them to focus down to 1.6 feet
- Tough rubber covered exterior provides a sure grip and protects the internal mechanisms
- Fully-multi-coated optics assure maximum light transmission resulting in high quality viewing. Every surface of every element is fully coated minimizing internal glare and flare and giving a bright clear view.
- Unique Uni-body design enhances durability by locking objective lenses in a single housing and synchronizing the eyepiece movement. This minimizes moving parts and assures these binoculars will function properly and clearly for years to come.
- Aspherical lens elements, which are critical in compact binoculars, provide exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness. This assures that items on the edge of your field of view are just as sharp as those in the center.
- Includes case, strap, and eyepiece protectors.
- They are small, lightweight (only 11 oz!), and fit well into the hands of children as well as adults. These are an excellent first pair of binocs for yourself or your child.