[A]re you a school teacher who would like to lead nature journal activities in your classroom? Perhaps you are a home school parent who would like to extend and enrich your current journaling activities. Are you interested in starting (or are already leading) a nature journal club in your area? Or, you could be a nature journaler with no interest in teaching but would like to understand the psychological research behind what you do to better understand and inspire yourself.
In this workshop we explore the pedagogy and logistics of leading nature journaling activities and bringing students outdoors. You will learn:
- how to lead journaling activities
- my biggest mistakes and what doesn’t work
- how to integrate nature journaling with the Next Generation Science Standards.
- techniques to give authentic feedback on student work that inspire and motivate
- a review of relevant education and cognitive psychology research
- Download and read the free nature journaling curriculum Opening the World Through Nature Journaling.
- Read a blog post about the curiosity prompts mentioned in this video.
- See the face illusion video (it is more difficult to see the effect in my video).