Join John Muir Laws and Emilie Lygren–co-authors of the book How to Teach Nature Journaling–for a two-day recorded workshop (held live on June 21-22, 2021, before the Wild Wonder Nature Journaling Conference.) You will come away from this workshop empowered with best practices and practical tools for teaching nature journaling, and you will be prepared to put them into practice with your students.
The goals of this workshop are to help educators:
- Understand the fundamental principles and practices of nature journaling and be able to communicate its value to students;
- Understand how nature journaling reinforces language arts, visual arts, math, science, social-emotional learning, and more;
- Feel empowered with the tools and confidence to teach nature journaling in your own setting, whether that’s homeschool, adult education, a traditional classroom, or online learning;
- Learn how to give appropriate feedback that reinforces a growth mindset;
- Experience nature journaling activities specifically adapted for online teaching; and
- Connect with and learn from other nature journaling teachers.
Please read below for complete details, pricing, and speaker bios.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is for anyone who is teaching in any form. This includes formal classroom educators, but also homeschool parents, park rangers, adult education instructors, nature centers, scout leaders, environmental educators, and more. Beginners are welcome. Even if you haven’t taught yet, but you love nature journaling and would like to teach, we would love to have you!
CLASS SCHEDULE: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED SCHEDULE
Speakers and teachers include John Muir Laws, Emilie Lygren, Rob Wade, and Anne Stephens. Click here for bios of all teachers. Each day started with a lesson about a specific nature journaling tool, followed by time for field work to try out the activity and apply what you learned in the class. Then we discussed the activity and how we might modify it or apply it to our learning situations. The afternoon and evening had additional classes and a keynote speaker.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
- Video Pass: $20. Purchase now!
This Video Pass ticket will give you access to select recordings after the event until April 1, 2022. Please note that some sessions, such as Breakout Room discussions, were not recorded.
- All Live passes include full access to all the events during the live, 2-day event as well as select recordings after the event until April 1, 2022.
- Also, at checkout, there will be a small processing fee added to each ticket price.
- After you purchase your video pass, you will receive an email with links for the event as well as other resources.