- This event has passed.
Quick Sketching Media
February 13, 2013 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Learn techniques for fast field sketching. Some drawing tools allow you to easily create tone and values without a lot of fussing around. If you like the look and feel of one of these techniques, consider incorperating these tools into your sketching kit. Jack will demonstrate techniques using:soft graphite pencil and blending tool (egret demonstration)
- soft graphite pencil and blending tool (egret demonstration)
- Prismacolor Premier Marker-warm grey 10, 40 and 60% (oak woodland demonstration)
- water soluble pencil and waterbrush (deer demonstration)
- water soluble pen and waterbrush (wildflower demonstration)
- Prismacolor "Black Grape" pencil (conifer forest demonstration)
- toned paper, soft pencil, and white Prismacolor pencil (gull demonstration)
If you want to follow along with the demonstrations, you may want to bring your sketchbook and a dark prismacolor pencil (such as Black Grape), a soft graphite pencil (2B or darker) and a blending tool (stomp or tortillion), a dark Derwent water soluble pencil, a water soluble pen such as a Razor Point, a set of 3 warm grey Prismacolor Premier Markers 10, 40 and 60%, a waterbrush, a few pieces of gray toned paper, and a white Prismacolor pencil. Check your drawing kit and bring them if you have them. We can share during the workshop if enough folks bring these tools. Then if you like something you see, you can purchase it after the class at your favorite art supply store. To see pictures and descriptions of some of these drawing tools, visit my Field Sketching Equipment page.