- This event has passed.
Colored Pencils For Field Sketching
October 15, 2014 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$20
Colored pencils are a terrific and easy to use tools for drawing in nature. Learn how to get the most of a small set of colored pencils and create a fast, portable, intuitive, and inexpensive sketching system. Learn how to apply and combine colors to create rich hues and smooth gradients. Learn to choose colors and use complementary color underpainting to create rich and natural shadows.
- sketchbook (paper with a little tooth is best not super smooth)
- a small set of colored pencils such as the Prismacolor Primer 24 pencil set
- additional pencils including the following Prismacolor Primer pencils: Black Grape, Grayed Lavender, Process Red, True Blue, Canary Yellow, white, and a colorless blender (a special Prismacolor pencil that is all wax and no pigment). Also pick out a few muted and dull tan, brown, green, and light gray pencils (you will find you reach for these a lot)
- a pencil-case
- five or six rubber bands
- Small Kemper Double Ball Stylus (Item code DBSS). If you are not able to find this, bring a dead fine point ball point pen (this should be completely dry with NO wet ink inside)
- a hand-held pencil sharpener and a little bag to catch the scraps of pencil shavings.