- This event has passed.
Introduction to Nature Journaling- San Francisco
July 12, 2016 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm PDT
Have you always wanted to keep a nature journal or are you looking for ways to make your nature journaling a richer experience? In this workshop we will explore fundamental principles to jumpstart and extend your journaling practice. You will learn:
- Why to keep a nature journal and see examples of many ways to practice.
- How to set up a lightweight journaling kit for easy access in the field and see some useful tools for fieldwork.
- What to put into your journal to get more out of every observation and allow you to use your journal as a scientific resource.
- How to motivate and inspire yourself to make journaling a regular habit.
- Strategies to get you started for a day in the field.
- Ideas about what to put in your journal.
- Ways to think outside of the box to enhance your creativity and joy in journaling.
Bring your existing journaling kit if you have one. This workshop is free and open to the public. No experience necessary. No registration required. $20 suggested donation.