- This event has passed.
Watercolor ABC’s (Lafayette)
March 14, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Do you want to get started with using watercolor in your field sketches? This is the class for you. In this workshop I assume no background using watercolors and will cover the essentials to get you started, so that you can quickly and easily apply watercolor to your work.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to set up your field gear.
- How to mix colors.
- How to apply paint using glazing, wash, graded wash, and dry brush techniques.
- How to avoid the top five mistakes that haunt watercolor artists.
What to bring:
- A small palette. If you already have one you are good to go. If you are just starting, read this post. It will give you instructions to assemble a great pallet for under $20. Prep the kit as per the instructions before class. You will be happiest if you dispense with the little white pans as described in the post. If you do not want them, bring them to class and I will repurpose them.
- A large tip Pentel Aquash Waterbrush. Not the medium, not the small, the large one. If you have a waterbrush and it is not this one, go out and spend the $8 to get this brush. It is well worth the trouble. You can buy one here, but look around, you may be able to find a better price.
- A cotton sock with the toe cut off. You do not need to cup up a new sock. Use one of those lonely dryer orphans. If you can not find one, I have a used but clean sock for you. Now that is generosity!
All ages and experience levels are welcome. No registration necessary,
$20 suggested donation.