- This event has passed.
Color Gets All the Credit, Value Does All the Work (San Francisco)
December 12, 2017 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm PST
Want to get more of a pop from your watercolors? Wish they were easier to use? Would you like an adaptable system to help you get your paint down on the paper?
It is easy to get wrapped around the axle about accurately matching a color. With practice and work you can learn to match colors with precision. In this workshop you will learn how to mix watercolors to get the colors you want but it does not stop there. The dirty little secret is that exact color matching is not as big a deal as most people think it is. Value, the difference between light and dark, is much more important and more easily overlooked.
- Learn how to apply watercolor for fast accurate colors.
- Discover tricks to get a richer value range.
- Learn how to see value in your subject and your drawing.
- Get a bonus gift that you will always keep in your journaling kit.
Bring these tools
- Your sketchbook
- Your favorite portable watercolor set. If you do not have one, get a Cotman Pocket Sketcher’s Box and modify it as described in this post. I really recommend doing away with those extra little pans (see post).
- A large, fine tip, Pentel Aquash Waterbrush (if you have one).
- A little holiday gift (see below).
Holiday Gift Exchange
Bring a low-cost wrapped item that would be appropriate for another nature journaler. We will exchange gifts with strangers to celebrate our growing community.
All ages and experience levels are welcome. No registration necessary,
$20 suggested donation.