- This event has passed.
No-fear Watercolor Techniques for Field Journaling -Oakland
September 14, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Watercolors are a fast and versatile way to get color into your sketchbook or journal. But many of us have been frustrated with the mechanics of getting our paint to do what we want or watched a sketch drown in a puddle of murky brown paint. Have you been frustrated by your watercolors when field sketching? Does your kit consistently make a muddy mess (when you don’t want it to)? Good news- there are ways you can learn to use your paint that make it much easier to manage and control in the field. Learn a bag of tricks and techniques to make your watercolor experience fun, fast, and successful. In this workshop you will learn:
- How to avoid the puddles that take forever to dry.
- How to match colors more accurately.
- Easy graded wash techniques.
- The order of operations: what color comes first.
- How to improve the value range in your sketches (goodbye anemic watercolors).
- Solutions to common problems.
- How to rearrange your palette to make it more functional and essential colors.
Bring, a pencil or pen and sketchbook to take notes, your current watercolor kit. a large Pentel fine point Waterbrush, and an old sock (one of the orphans from the dryer).
No experience necessary, open to everyone (all ages and experience levels) and no advanced registration required. $20 suggested donation.