- This event has passed.
Sketching with Ballpoint Pens
September 9, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$20
[O]n a recent trip to Rwanda, I realized that I would fill my sketchbook long before returning home. I usually sketch with soft pencil and leave the opposite page blank so that facing pages will not smear each other. To conserve paper, I gave up the pencil and started sketching with a ballpoint pen. Within a week I was in love with this new tool and experimenting with ways to get the most out of it. In this workshop I will share what I learned.
- Discover the versatility of ballpoint pens.
- Explore advanced crosshatching techniques.
- Learn what to do when things go wrong with pen. Discover an approach to correcting mistakes or living with the result and moving on.
- What do you do when the pen starts to blob and skip?
- Experiment to find the pens that work the best.
Root through your home and bring all the ballpoints you can find, even the really cheap ones. We will play with these and find the ones that will work the best for your field sketching.
$20 suggested donation.
No registration required.