- This event has passed.
The Five Minute Landscape (San Francisco)
January 10 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
In this workshop we will explore landscape drawing on the run- how to draw and paint a landscape in five minutes or less, while standing up, in wet weather. Learn how to see basic shapes, simplify values, and discard unecessary detail. I will demonstrate several techniques including water soluable pen, aquash pencil, limited palette watercolor, Tombo pen, and graphite pencil.
Suggested Equipment List
You will be fine with just a sketchbook and pencil but consider bringing the following tools so you can draw along with the demonstrations.
- Tombo Dual Brush Pen N75-Cool Gray 3 – SKU# 56639
- Tombo Dual Brush Pen N95-Cool Gray 1 – SKU# 56644
- Pilot Razor Point Pen, Black
- Dark Gray or Dark Brown Watercolor Pencil
- Portable watercolor set and waterbrush
- Dark graphite pencil (2B or darker) and blending stomp.
No registration necessary, all ages and abilit levels welcome. $20 suggested donation. Note that the venue has temporarily moved to the Crissy Field Center in the Presidio. You must ring the doorbell to be let into the building. We will meet in the gathering room to your left as you walk in.