- This event has passed.
How to use Watercolor Pencils with a Waterbrush (Tiburon)
February 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Watercolor Pencils are a great way to add color to your field sketches. Applying the pencils is intuitive and the waterbrush makes field application easy. However, watercolor pencils can perform in unexpected ways that can be frustrating. In this workshop, you will learn how to work with watercolor pencils to get a variety of effects and turn the bugs of the system into a feature.
Learn how to:
- Approach a drawing with an intentional system.
- Add shadows to a drawing without turning the drawing to mud.
- Layer dry and wet pencil techniques.
- Blend a small set of pencils to get a wide range of colors.
- Predict color and value changes with water application.
- A small set of watercolor pencils. I suggest getting the Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencil set of 24. The set costs about $30 which is more expensive than other brands but the quality and color of the pencils are worth it.
- Large fine-point Pentel Aquash waterbrush.
All ages and experience levels are welcome. No registration necessary,
$20 suggested donation.