- This event has passed.
A Waterbrush is a Field Sketcher’s Best Friend (Saratoga)
January 17, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am PST
The waterbrush is an amazing little tool that revolutionized the way I paint, sketch, and journal. They make the logistics of watercolor, watercolor pencils, water-soluble pencils, or water-soluble pen washes easier in the field.
In this class, you will explore techniques with watercolor and soluble pens and pencils that will help you quickly add color and value to your sketches. learn how to make a waterbrush graded wash, use soluble pens and pencils for fast value studies. Learn to wrangle watercolor pencils. And learn how to use the Kuretake flat brush to get easy, amazing and beautiful effects. I will have some Pentel waterbrushes for sale but I am not sure I can get the Kuretake brushes in stock before the class. I suggest ordering one now to bring to the workshop. Heck, get two so you can give one to a friend…
Tools-Bring em if you have em
- Pentel Arts Aquash Large Fine Point Waterbrush
- Kuretake Fude Water Brush Pen, Flat Type, 2 Heads (KG205-70)
- Watercolor set
- Watercolor Pencils (water-soluble pencils) If you do not have any, consider a small set of Faber Castel Albrecht Durrer watercolor pencils They are a little more expensive but really good.
- Water Soluble graphite pencil
- Pilot razor point pen (or other water-soluble fiber tip pen)
- A rag, or a section of an old cotton sock
This class will be held in room SM36 at West Valley College. The closest parking lot is lot #2. You can purchase a parking permit at the dispenser in the lot for $2. Download a campus map with the location of the classroom here.
All ages and experience levels are welcome. No registration necessary,
$20 suggested donation.