- This event has passed.
S.T.E.A.M. SCIENCE JOURNALING WORKSHOP FOR EDUCATORS
March 26, 2019 - March 27, 2019$250
Two full days of hands-on science journaling training at a variety of locations of the 240,000 acres of Conserved Lands on Tejon Ranch during the height of California Wild Flower season.
Special (optional) evening program, including dinner and presentations
For those who are interested, camping on the Ranch will be available
Participants will understand how to:
- Connect Nature/Science notebooks with Next Generation Science Standards
- Use nature/science notebooks to integrate science, language arts, art, and critical thinking
- Teach nature drawing techniques
- Ask scientific questions
- Answer student questions through direct observation
- Foster Growth Mindset and Curiosity Culture in the classroom
- Lead step-by-step activities in the field
- Evaluate and give constructive feedback on student work